It seems like just yesterday I was holding a brand-spanking-new copy of SHRAPNEL, all shiny and smelling of new paper. And now, *sniff* SHRAPNEL and ET are walking on their own, making lots of new friends and fascinating readers with their amazing adventures.
To celebrate, Evernight Teen is hosting a birthday blog hop and YOU get the presents!
- Grand prize: $100 gift card to iTunes from Evernight Teen
- Participating Evernight Teen authors are offering prizes on each of their websites (details below)
- Evernight Teen is offering 25% off all titles Jan. 24- 31!
* * *
If you haven’t already read it, here’s a little about SHRAPNEL:
Now she’s sixteen, her dad’s moved out, her mom’s come out of the closet and Dylan’s got a spot on Paranormal Teen, a reality TV show filming at historic Oakleigh Mansion. She’ll spend a weekend with two other psychic teens—Jake and Ashley—learning how to control her abilities.
None of them realized how much their emotional baggage would put them at the mercy of Oakleigh’s resident spirits, or that they’d find themselves pawns in the 150-year-old battle for the South’s legendary Confederate gold. Each must conquer their personal ghosts to face down Jackson, a seductive spirit who will do anything to protect the gold’s current location and avenge a heinous attack that destroyed his family.
* * *
A few hasty tugs and I’ve got Jackson’s coat off, his shirt untucked and my shaky fingers fumble with the buttons. I pull him down so I can taste the scar around his neck.
His laugh is a low rumble under my lips.
“What’s so funny?”
“I had no idea scars were so attractive. If I had known, I would have tried to keep the rest.”
“Most have faded over the decades. This one around my neck is the only physical reminder of the injuries I acquired during my life.”
“At your death.”
His scar is beautiful and tragic and represents all the things he missed in a life cut short. It’s death and I’m life. I’m a heartbeat, a gasp, a warm kiss and soft skin. I want to give all of these things to him.
And now that we’ve had cake and some sweet, sweet ice cream, it’s time for presents!
- I’m offering a $5 gift card from Amazon. To enter, comment below telling me in which war Jackson served.
- To check out the other authors’ prizes, be sure to follow the hop here.
- To enter to win the grand prize, go here and enter using Rafflecopter.
Good luck to all of you! *throws confetti*
Here’s where you can get SHRAPNEL:
- Page and Palette (independent bookstore – paperback)
- Powell’s (independent bookstore – paperback)
- Amazon (paperback and Kindle)
- Barnes and Noble (paperback and NOOK)
- Evernight Teen (ON SALE!)
- All Romance ebooks (digital)
- CreateSpace (paperback)
- Bookstrand (digital)
- Bookworld – Australia (paperback)
- Angus & Robertson – Australia (paperback and digital)
- iBooks (digital)
- Copia (paperback and digital)