“a story of hurt, regret, missed opportunities and redemption.”
— Eleanor Inge, Alabama Writers Forum
* * *
WANT is a contemporary upper YA/New Adult with hints of Southern grotesque and a heavy dose of psychology.
Julianne counts the days until she can pack her bags and leave her old-money, tradition-bound Southern town where appearance is everything and secrecy is a way of life. A piano virtuoso, she dreams of attending a prestigious music school in Boston. Failure is not an option, so she enlists the help of New England Conservatory graduate Isaac Laroche.
Julianne can’t understand why Isaac suddenly gave up Boston’s music scene to return to the South. He doesn’t know her life depends on escaping it before she inherits her mother’s madness. Isaac knows he must resist his attraction to a student ten years his junior, but loneliness and jealousy threaten his resolve.
Their indiscretion at a Mardi Gras ball—the pinnacle event for Mobile’s elite—forces their present wants and needs to collide with sins of the past.
Will Julianne accept the help she’s offered and get everything she ever wanted, or will she self-destruct and take Isaac down with her?
Want is available here:
- Inkspell Publishing (paperback and digital)
- Page & Palette (independent bookstore – paperback)
- Powell’s (independent bookstore – paperback)
- Barnes and Noble (paperback and Nook)
- Amazon (paperback and Kindle)
- Book Depository (paperback)
- Kobo (digital)
- All Romance eBooks (digital)
- Bookworld – Australia (digital and paperback)
- Angus & Robertson – Australia (digital and paperback)
Bookstores and groups can order either through Inkspell Publishing (40% discount) or through Ingram.