Now that I have your undivided attention, I should amend that post title 😉
Dec. 6-8 I’ll be one of the featured authors at the first annual New Adult Sleepover Weekend in sultry Savannah, GA, and while you won’t end up in my room or my bed (you’d have to buy a LOT of books for that 😉 ) you CAN spend the entire weekend mingling with some of your favorite authors because NASW is designed for READERS.
It’s not an educational conference for writers.
- A roundtable welcome where you can sit and shoot the breeze with your favorite authors (I’ll be sharing a table with the fantastic Natasha Boyd) while bonding over ice cream
- A book release party — I’ll be officially launching SHELF LIFE
- Panels that focus on things readers want to know — I’m speaking on four of them
- A HUGE book signing
- Book-themed parties going into the night (hence the sleepover) that may or may not involve college-style drinking games
- Gift baskets
- A metric crap-ton of swag and giveaways
The best part? Registration is totally reasonable. You can sign up here.
Go ahead. I’ll wait. *whistles*
Did I mention that it’s the first weekend of December, and signed books make FANTASTIC holiday gifts? Because they do! *nudge, nudge*
You could get tickets for you and a friend or sister, niece, aunt, your mom, and make a special weekend out of it! Just think of the memories you’d be making. (“Remember that time we played beer pong with [insert NYT bestselling author]? Gawd, that was awesome!“)
Okay, the whole weekend isn’t going to be a sorority party, I promise. (Though I’ve heard rumors about a hot guy in a kilt doing tattoos … ) You’ll also be able to talk to your favorite authors in-depth about their books, their writing, etc. Ever wanted to ask how they get their ideas? Where they came up with that insanely hot character? What your favorite character was really thinking in that scene?
This is your chance to get up close and personal with the authors that created the characters in your favorite books. Really, it’s the chance of a lifetime.
Here’s a list of most of the attending authors:
–list compiled by Dawn Pendleton
Hope to see you in Savannah!
Such a great idea for an event! Have a wonderful time!