Kate Roth, New Adult, New Adult Sleepover Weekend, Reckless Radiance, The Low Notes, Valerie Gilmore
I’m so excited to bring you a character interview from Kate Roth‘s brand-spanking-new book, RECKLESS RADIANCE!
As you may remember, her first book, THE LOW NOTES, came out around the same time as WANT and the two have often been compared. (She’s such a kindred spirit!)
Below, get to know Valerie, the female MC. She’s seems like a kind soul. (And be sure to check out the giveaway, too!)
* * *
1. Can you tell us your name and the title of the book you live in?
My name’s Valerie Gilmore and I live in Reckless Radiance.
2. Describe to our readers your role in the book.
I’m the main female character in the book. It follows my life and the three relationships I’ve had; the last being my relationship with Russell, the strange man who walked into the diner one day and changed my life forever.
3. How did you convince your author to put you in this book? For example, did you visit a dream or make yourself known some other way?
She heard a song and saw a flash of one scene from our book in her mind. Things were very different the first time she wrote me but over time she let the real me shine through.
4. Is your author easy to work with or controlling?
She’d love to say she’s controlling but the truth is our story evolved on its own. She thought she had it all figured out but in the end, we showed her what really happened.
5. Would you tell us about one of your favorite friends from this book?
It’s hard to think of anyone more important than Russell but Paige is my best friend and without her I would’ve been really lost. She’s such a sweetheart and she really cares about me. She’s the kind of girlfriend who’ll tell you the truth no matter how much it hurts to hear it. She’d stand by me through just about anything.
6. What would you like our readers to know about you?
The book tells more than I ever could. I’m just a small town gal trying to survive.
7. Did you learn anything during your adventure in this book?
I learned a lot about Russell, that’s for sure! But I learned a lot about myself, too. We don’t always have to have it all figured out. Sometimes you have to let your heart take over or leave it up to something—bigger.
8. Can you tell us what you think is the most exciting thing that happened to you in your book?
I think my author would be mad if I told you the MOST exciting thing.
9. What was your main motivation?
Looking back, I think my main motivation was to heal myself.
10. Is there anything you would like to have done but your author stopped you?
I have this tendency to wanna run away. I think she stopped me from doing that about hundred times. It was time to face life.
11. Here’s your chance to speak your mind. What do you want to tell everybody?
Life may feel like a mess sometimes but with a little love and a lot of faith, you can get through the craziest thing you’d ever imagine.
12. Flash questions:
· Craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Run away from home.
· Biggest regret?
· If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be, where, and why?
I’m not really a tattoo kind of gal.
· Favorite book?
Pride and Prejudice
· Someone asks you to go skydiving. What’s your answer?
· If they were to name a crayon color after you, what would it be?
· Were you easy or hard to write?
· Detail about yourself that’s not in your book?
I love country music!
Intrigued? Enter her contest for an ebook, a signed paperback and a $10 Amazon gift card: